Good grief, what is my problem??  I haven’t been on the computer at ALL lately.  The funny thing is, that is what I wanted.  I wanted to stop spending so much wasteful time on the computer.  Luckily, that’s excactly what I’ve done.  I do, however, need to work blogging back into the equation, because I love blogging and if I go more than a day or two without posting anything, I forget all of the great and funny things that I plan to write about….for example, Owen’s little accident yesterday…

…it was Thursday afternoon and I knew my husband was going to hang out with a friend after work for a while, so I decided to skip our morning trip to the pool and go after dinner instead.  It’s less crowded in the evening and it’s great to wear the boys out right before bed.  We went from about 5:45-7:30pm.  It was great.  Since it wasn’t very crowded and the sun was going down behind the building, I got in the “big pool” with the boys for about thirty minutes.  They always enjoy it when I get in with them.  I don’t really know why, to be honest.  It’s not like we do anything special when I get in with them, but Owen loves it because I spin him around in circles and let him jump off the side into my arms.  He’s such a little fish.  He likes it when I let him go all the way under water when he jumps into my arms before bringing him back up safely.  I’m so thankful my kids love the water. 

After the first break time, the boys went over to the water park area.  This is an area where there are several water features, like buckets that dump water out from 20 feet up in the air, different types of water falls and sprinklers.  It’s a lot of fun and really great for the kids who don’t want to get all the way in the pools.  Owen and Joshua were in the water park area when I asked Jesse to go tell them it was time to get dried off.  Next thing I know, there are several kids crowded around Owen and I can see that he is crying.  The right side of his face looked really red as I walked closer to him.  Joshua said, “I think he fell and scraped his hands.”  Without even looking directly at Owen, I squatted down and looked at his palms….nothing was there.  Then I looked up at his face…. OH MY GOSH!  Apparently, when Jesse said, “it’s time to go”, Owen took off running…or at least, that was his intention.  He tripped over his own feet and took a dive into the pavement.  His right shoulder and elbow were scraped up a little bit, but the worst part was his sweet little face.  He scraped his right cheek and had a goose egg the size of a golf ball on his forehead.  I think the 18 year old lifeguard was freaked out more than any of us.  He kept saying, “Um, ma’am, I really think you should take him to get that checked out.  That looks bad!”  I just kept smiling and saying, “yeah, okay, thanks!”  All the while, I’m thinking, ‘look buddy, I have three boys and if I took them to the ER everytime they had a bump on their head, I’d be broke!”  I know the rules and things to look out for when they hurt their heads.  Half my family is in the medical field.  I made sure everything was alright, but we certainly did NOT spend our evening in the ER.  He’ll look like a bruiser for about a week, but he’ll be fine.

Here is a picture:













Also, much to my shock, Owen is showing signs of being more than ready to potty train. He has peed and pooped on the potty several times over the last few days, all at his request. To be honest, I’m not sure I’m ready to commit seven or eight days to cleaning up pee and poop and washing endless amounts of big boy pants as we master this new skill. Maybe when school starts in a few weeks. The thought of having all three of my children potty trained is quite surreal to me. It’s strange enough to think that two out of three of my children are “in school” already, but potty trained too?! I think it’s time for number four….in the next year or so.