I have a quick moment to blog since we skipped school yesterday and Joshua is now sitting at the table doing two days worth of math and handwriting, niether of which require my help. 🙂

Would you like to know WHY we skipped school yesterday? Well, the first reason is because I had to go to the doctor in the morning and have some blood work done to figure out why I’ve been feeling so crumby lately. After we spent a whopping TWO HOURS at the doctor’s office, we drove through Chick-fil-A. As we sat in the car eating our chicken biscuits, my cell phone rang…IT WAS THE FOSTER AGENCY!! I almost choked on my chicken! I think I was still coughing when I answered the phone! She informed me that she had a possible placement for us. Possible?? I don’t want possible, I want definite. It was a six year old girl and a seven year old boy that have been in foster care with our agency for a year already. There has been some sort of break down within the current foster family and the children were likely going to be removed from this home and come to ours. I was assured the removal had nothing to do with the children. I was overcome with excitement. FINALLY! They’re finally coming!! I ran the rest of my errands and rushed home to begin cleaning. There was a meeting scheduled for 2:00pm with everyone involved in the case with these two children. A decision would be made from there. I was assured a phone call by 3:00pm.

I cleaned frantically. Top to bottom. Side to side. Bathrooms. Bedrooms. Laundry. The van. Even the garage got a little sprucing! 3:00pm came and went with no phone call. I finally picked up the phone at 3:45 and called the agency. Apparently the meeting lasted longer than expected and the final decision was to leave the children where they are for now. They forgot to call us back. My heart sunk. I was told that these children will likely still be moved from their current foster home in the near future and if we don’t have a placement by then, they will come to our house. I won’t be holding my breath on that one.

Although I was terribly disappointed, I still trust that God knows what is best for our family. The catch to that situation was, the seven year old boy was going to be in my boys’ bedroom with them (in his own bed of course). When I received that news, I prayed that if it was meant to be, it would work out and if not, then it wouldn’t. I trust the Lord to keep my children safe throughout our fostering journey and we will take every measure imaginable to do the same. That said, we’re still playing the never ending game of “Hurry Up and Wait.”


This picture was taken at the beginning of the summer. I love it because it captures a glimpse of how much fun we had this past summer. The boys played so well together, it was the first summer since Owen has been ‘independant’ and playing with his brothers like a big boy. We had a blast spending our days by the pool and long weekends at my parents’ house in Greenwood. I look forward to having Jesse at home during his holiday breaks. We’ve really missed having him at home with us. He is looking forward to homeschooling with us again next year. This year has done him very well already. He’s almost half way finished!

SOOOOOooo, THAT is why we have two days worth of school work to do today.

I’m holding on to the fact that TOMORROW IS FRIDAY and the boys are spending the night at my in-laws’.