I received an email containing an article about big changes to inter country adoptions from Ethiopia.
Effective March 10, 2011: Ethiopia will cut inter country adoptions by as much as 90%
This could change everything. I read the article a few times and tried to find more info online but realized it’s all a gray area right now. No one knows any details and no one knows how drastically the laws will change….until they do.
I received a phone call from our agency and she recommended that we not put our paperwork (and money) in the mail until we hear back from them in a few weeks regarding the future of the Ethiopia program. So, I took our envelope out of the mailbox.
Now we wait.
It’s strange how quickly things change.
My mind has been racing with where we’ll go from here if Ethiopia ends up a closed door. But I have to remind myself that I only need to know the very next step. And for now, the next step is wait and pray. I will resist the urge to think any farther ahead. We will continue to raise money for our adoption through our puzzle and Bows for Life.
“And this is the confidence that we have toward Him, that if we ask anything according to His will He hears us.”
1 John 5:14